Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB 3.0 Charging Hub?  (Read 1070 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
USB 3.0 Charging Hub?
« on: May 24, 2023, 08:34:51 pm »

Any tech-heads onboard that know of a USB 3.0 Charging Hub?

IE. can charge a phone, tablet, camera and simultaneously transferring data, from the same port.
IWW. Recharge a phone whilst downloading photos / video.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Andyn

• Full Mayhemer
Re: USB 3.0 Charging Hub?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 08:56:49 pm »

This claims to do the job. Whatever you get, make sure it’s a mains powered one  :-))

Deal: Powered USB Hub,VEMONT 7 ports SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Hub with Power Supply,USB Splitter Powered with Individual on/off LED Switches and 3.9ft/1.2m Long Cable for PC/Laptops/Ultrabooks/Desktops https://amzn.eu/d/7layRaP

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:56:18 pm »

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 11:44:43 pm »

I've tried both of those .... they don't .....  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 05:43:05 am »

I think the issue is going to be the data element.

Bluetooth data transfer whilst charging might be an option.
I use file transfer in my chat APP. I just open the app on my phone, open the app on my PC and connect, then use the file transfer button. I
t is almost instant, and so far I have not hit any file size limits, I use it for photos, music and video files, pdfs, .docs, .gpx. text mesages, weblinks, etc.

My personal view, I am not technical, high speed chargers are becoming the way to go, and as far as I can see doing this is not an option charging from a laptop. I have seen phones with 125W chargers, full charge in 17 mins.
Anyone interested in rapid charge powerbanks should look at the Anker 737 powerbank and 737 90W charger (26K mAh full charge in 40 mins). Anker also do a 747 charger that is 150W and dual output.
The prices for Anker are not cheap, but the flexibility the 737 and 747 will give people when travelling makes the price worth it, in this case, now. However, I will wait a few months for the rest of the industry to catch up, and cheaper offerings to appear.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 10:07:51 am »

I have one - great product - make sure you get the right USB connector - this is USB C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076YLWTPR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Consists of 7 USB 3,1 ports with data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, plus 3 additional fast-charging ports (up to 2,4 amps with BC 1,2 compliant devices) that can also be used to transfer data

Regards
C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 06:36:44 pm »

I have one - great product - make sure you get the right USB connector - this is USB C

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076YLWTPR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Consists of 7 USB 3,1 ports with data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, plus 3 additional fast-charging ports (up to 2,4 amps with BC 1,2 compliant devices) that can also be used to transfer data

Regards
C-3PO

Temporarily out of stock....  <:(

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.