Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A long distant driving cruise to and from the Hokkaido district of Japan  (Read 1147 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Hi all,
One of my likes is driving a car to go somewhere distant places.
This time I went to Hokkaido, the second largest main island of Japan, to cruise fundamentally along the coastal line of the
island. I spent 11 days to complete the cruise for the total moving distance of about 4,000km(2,500miles) in which 3,150km
was by car, the rest by a ferry boat to the Hokkaido. My wife is not licensed to drive a car.
Everything I encountered was impressive and took a huge number of pics during the cruise.
I will post some pics from today for several days in which you will possibly have some kinds of interests as
the boat enthusiasts and/or "foreigners"...?? :embarrassed: :D {-)

1;The ferry boat I was aboard was about 200m long and 14,000 gross ton.
2;Shall we start a cruise here about 130km north from Tokyo.
3;The model of the ferry boat.
4;Instant captain Kiyo of the ferry boat? {-)
5;Von voyage!!
6;Bow side thruster working to dock at the wharf of Hakodate port in the Hokkaido, the next day of departure.
7;Another ferry boat already moored at the close wharf of the Hakodate port.

swiftdoc

• Full Mayhemer

Keep the photos coming, Kiyo! I will follow your posts with great interest. That must have been a nice trip for both of you.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

Hope you enjoy the cruise Kiyo  O0 ...................... Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer

Should have asked earlier, what brand & type of vehicle do you drive?

Derek
 :embarrassed:
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

Hi Arno,
Thank you for your comment and interests in the Hokkaido cruise as well as encouragement. :-))

Hi Derek,
My car is TOYOTA "ISIS"(Japanese brand name)2000cc middle sized car that produced the fuel consumption of 15.2km(9.5miles)
per liter finally on arriving at my home in Tokyo. Sooo economical for me greatly contributed to my poor budget. :-)) :-))

The leftmost car in silver is my partner of the cruise. O0   Not a jeep....but the Toyota car when it comes to real driving.. {-)
Why...? Maintenance free for a long period, economical, durability...   Sooo sorry Arno ! BMW and Benz are also soo good, needless to say!!! O0 :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

Well, this time, I couldn't help being driven to soo crucial reality by the statue I happened to come across in a happy driving
time.....It was just when we took a rest in a long driving time...

1/2;The statue calling for the return of Japan's properly territorial 4 islands still now occupied ILLEGALLY by the Russians.
   The statue consisting of an old woman and her two grandchildren dispelled from their native islands represents their
   serious shout for coming back eagerly to the home islands....The 4 islands were suddenly occupied after the surrender
   declaration by the Emperor on Aug 15,1945 from when the Japanese armed forces were disarmed.
  Nevertheless, the invasion continued to the end of the month ignoring non-invasion agreement concluded between the  countries.
   >>:-( >:-o <:(
3;Nevertheless, my wife is enjoying soft iced cream peacefully.... This is another reality.! {-) %% :D

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe

So great to see your travel in Japan, and some sites that is not that known in Europe. At least I didn't know about the statue and the history behind it. And I have been in Japan maybe 8-10 times over the last 6 years.
Hope to be able to travel more in Japan as a private person in the future, is following a couple of YouTube channels, showing travel with ferries and trains, but it will not be that soon, as we cannot get anyone to take care of our 62kg "Chihuahua"         
Carsten

My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

Hi tica,
Soo nice to have your favorable comment and impression on my posts.!! :-))
Hokkaido was so cold on this day reaching to 1 degree C with some snow fall.
This place in the pic is north latitude about 42°...

I am too old to build model boats/ships as to need a long term like some years while many finished RC models have been
waiting "on the alert" to work in the respective field anytime.
I can play the RC models even if I should get much older way after 80 years, but my favorite long distant driving cruise
may need stable good health and toughness to be able to drive a car for a week or more to reach over 1000 miles. O0
About 5 years or so to come will be the final stage to enjoy such a long driving cruise as done this time to Hokkaido.
My wife is expecting to go to Kyushu district, the 3rd largest major island of Japan,in next year....
Driving distance will be about 1000 miles plus ferry boat cruise of 500miles....
Her dreams are swelling endlessly like her weight and waist.!!!! :D :embarrassed: {-) %% :o :o

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

:-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

The pic shows just ""honey moon""of and for the aged.?? {-) {-) {-) {-) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

I happened to see this unusual gigantic ship named COSTA SERENA of COSTA CRUISES(Italy?) now in service fundamentally
in the Far East.
OAL 289m(948 feet) and 114,000 gross ton. Many Chinese passengers could be seen to land at this port for sightseeing
in peculiar Chinese manners cheerfully which are normally seen in most places across Japan and other countries??. {-) O0 %% :D

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

The result upon arriving at home

Average fuel consumption 15.2km/liter(9.5 miles/liter) surprisingly superb to me.!! :-)) :-)) greatly contributed to the budget.
Total distance was 3152km(1970miles) by car driving during which a huge number of dead bugs were left like the medals or
decorations... {-) %% :embarrassed:  It took a long time to strip them off as they had been severely stuck to the body.
     No trouble with my car as well as my aged body at all. {-)

Stay always healthy whatever you may do in your life, gents.!!  :-)) :-)) :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.