Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tamar lifeboat electrics  (Read 474 times)

howard66spary

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
tamar lifeboat electrics
« on: July 21, 2024, 01:26:12 pm »

hi all                                                                                                                                                    I have tried to set up the electrics on my tamar but now confused i am using a wireing set up as drawn by dave metcalf  and electronics supplied by action electronics including a p100 p93 and other units to simulate twin engines the system is through two 7o amp esc the wireing also oparates a bow thruster and on and off switch ther seems to be enough power for the p100 but nothing goes to the other units i the wiring is quite complicated even my local model shop was baffled                                                              My question is are there any other units avalible to get the same result as if i have to replace the units this would be in the region of £150 any help would be appeciated      Best Regards howard66spary

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
Re: tamar lifeboat electrics
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 12:10:56 pm »

Hi howard66spary,

To get the same result with another set of electronics will involve a similar complexity of wiring - so little to be gained by swapping electronics...

Best to work through what you have step by step, get one aspect working then move onto the next.

I would suggest that you attempt the motor control in the first instance and then build on your project from that point...

Have you got the p93 working with the drive motor(s)? Are you going to using seperate throttle controls for each motor(s)?

If you list out all the electronics you are intending to use then a way forward can be mapped

Can you post a copy of the wiring diagram drawn out by Dave Metcalf?

Regards
C-3PO

This functionality must be similar to that requried for the Tamar...

I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

Detomo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is Great!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 10:42:52 am »

Hi guys, I have this set up on my tug. All i want is the props to go forward on the left toggel and reverse and the bow thruster l/r,  steering on the right toggel.

The point is i don't want the motors turning when you use the steering [as in tank steering].Which switch do you need to operate on the P94

Cheers

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 11:34:46 am »

Does Mode 4 on the P94 do the job if you dial down the rudder response to zero? I have done this on my paddle steamer.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/media/sparsh/product_attachment/P94%20Manual%20SMT.pdf

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries.